American Red Cross Certification
THE ONLY CLASS PLANNED FOR THE SPRING OF 2016 IS APRIL 7-10.
Thursday & Friday, April 7 & 8: 4:00-8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday, April 9 & 10: 10:00am-6:00pm
PLEASE REGISTER USING THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
The purpose of the Red Cross lifeguarding course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over.
· 300-yard continuous swim demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Freestyle and/or breaststroke are allowed.
· Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs
· Complete timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
o Swim 20 yards, surface dive to retrieve 10 lb. object, return to surface and return to starting point while holding object with both hands and keeping face at or near surface, exit without using ladder or steps.
Bring to Class:
· Thumb drive to download Lifeguarding Manual from instructor’s computer or go to www.redcross.org for the FREE Lifeguard Manual download at home
· Pen and paper to take notes to review the Manual between classes
· Swim suit, goggles, and towels
· Snacks and drinks as we will take breaks during the class
Upon completion of the course, participant will receive a copy of their certification via email. They will be lifeguard, CPR/AED and first aid certified. for two years.
Lifeguard Renewal Certification
If taken before the 2 year period expires, the Lifeguard Renewal Course can begin the 2 year clock over without re-taking the entire 26 hours course. Renewal classes run approximately 4 hours if the student is well prepared and studied before the class begins.
· Participate in the class discussion and hands-on practice of CPR/AED training
· Review all entries, saves and rescues with instructor approval
· Complete the in-water rescues required by the Red Cross as well as the Final Scenario
· Pass both the Lifeguard and CPR/AED & First Aid written exams
CPR/AED/FIRST AID, WATERPARK & WATERFRONT CERTIFICATIONS ALL OFFERED UPON REQUEST